L,i,me is a case and hardware variant of the standard slime aimed to natively support a full 9 IMU setup (with work currently be done on an optional addon to allow 4 more IMUs) while being as streamlined as possible with no degredation to performance.
- L,i,me is for those who wish to streamline their current standard slime setup by easily converting into a L,i,me.
- For those who want to make a full no compromise 9 IMU setup from the start (with the option to add an extra 4 more IMUs for shoulder and elbow tracking).
- People on a tight budget but want a performant full 9 IMU setup (with the option to add shoulder and elbow tracking in the future).
- Those who intend to use slimevr for mocap and vtubing.
- Unlike the standard set up that is limited to 2 IMUs per tracker, each L,i,me tracker supports 4 IMUs (without any software modification). Due to this you only need to make 3 L,i,me trackers instead of 6 typical slime trackers for a full 9 IMU setup.
- Less parts required, making L,i,me the cheapest full 9 IMU setup (as well as 13 IMU setup with optional addon).
- Aimed at providing the best stable tracking with comfort and full maneuverability due to being less bulky overall (less main trackers).
- Only need to charge and maintain 3 trackers (4 if you include the optional addon).
- Modular and customisable.
- Ongoing support.
- Future octoslime support (double battery life).
- Fewer trackers.
- Fewer parts.
- Lower costs.
- Less building.
- Less maintaining.
- Less units to charge.
- More SLIME!
You can access more information and get the latest L,i,me updates on the github repo.
Yes, there should be no conflicts with any combinations.
If you have confidence that you can or are happy to learn to splice cables cables together, you should be good. While cable splicing is the toughest part of Slime trackers, you will be required to do more of it when constructing a L,i,me.
Yes, the original build was made through this process. You may want to change the battery and switch.
Yes you can in fact start off at minimum 6 IMUs and add the other IMUs later. Please be sure to plan ahead.
This is currently in testing.
Neck tracking is a planned future addon.
Sure go ahead, you will find nothing will prevent you from doing so.
You can contact me (@Loler920a-Frank#2590) on the slimevr discord and ask me to model the 3D files for you.
You can ask on the slimevr discord for help contact me (@Loler920a-Frank#2590).
There is none, L,i,me is a hardware solution that works within the Slime ecosystem.
WIP models to support octoslime. These are currently only for show, although are technically usable.
Created by @Smeltie#1999 & @Loler920a-Frank#2590